December 31, 2007

Random book covers

I found these cover images on Amazon while searching for hours for out-of-print books.


152 Proverbs adapted to the taste of the day by Eluard and Peret. Hopefully I can find this for a reasonable price.


A Crowley-related object found while searching for books by Pessoa?!


60s paperback of the Saragossa Manuscript, found while searching for books by Roger Caillois. He had a lot to do with discovering / editing / publishing Potocki's book in France. You gotta love the skeleton with breasts.

I don't know how I stumbled upon this one, but in trying to describe it to friends tonight, I drunkenly called it "Foxy Brown Pygmalion." Ouch.






















































1 comment:

  1. The Potocki cover is fantastic!

    And I'm entertained that you found some Crowleyiana while looking for Pessoa; Crowley and Pessoa have coincidentally butted up against each other in my life before, too. Maybe there's some deep, secret connection.

    ReplyDelete